Dispatches from the Front Lines of the New F!#*ing Normal

Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Years and Nervous Breakdowns


With New Years come New Years resolutions.  An idea riddled with hope, angst and irritable bowel.  New Years Eve brings the hype the same way my mother brings the green bean casserole.  There's way too much of it and if you take it all in you feel like you're going to vomit.


And now with this New Year I've noticed more than ever the insults and the rudeness toward the masses of people determined to change, to better, to become, to grow.  The jokes by the MONSTER drinking, muscle heads that 'their' gym will be crowded, "at least for the next two weeks'. Sorry guys,  I guess there will be less room for you to grunt like a whiney little bitch and throw your weights down (the sign says you're not allowed, assholes!) after 2 sets of 1.  Back to the gym we go, wearing the new workout gear we got for Christmas- confident this will be the year we tackle six pack abs and forgiving that bitch our old boyfriends cheated on us with.  Oh...Is that just me?
I don't know about you...but this year I'm not letting a bag a dicks take the wind outta my sails.  I've got my reasons.

Through my Husband, my pretty posse their  illnesses and health struggles
and now my best friend's journey with cancer (that filthy bitch)  - it became so clear to me that I am on my path.  I am where I belong.  Following my personal passion to help and heal. Heading back to school to earn more nutrition certifications and my Reflexology license I feel at invigorated but also at peace.   I am so excited that 'health care' is on the track towards becoming what it has always needed to be, 'preventative medicine'.  Where the goal is to be healthy and prevent illness rather than have a health system that revolves around treating diseases not preventing them and pushing pills to baby the symptom and not get to the root of the problem.  I'm encouraged daily by what I see.  More people embracing all forms of healing and medicine.  I'm excited to be part of the revolution.  I only wish we were moving faster but I know we're moving. 

I also know I need to get moving.  Like, Olivia once belted, "lets get physical"
I recognize now more than ever that I must be both mentally and physically strong to fight the fight.  My guru and massage therapist Rob and I were knee deep in my cranial sacral therapy and my fear of gluten when he reminded me, "You need to be in better
shape to treat clients the way you want to everyday".  So simple and yet so sassy and profound.  just the kick in the ass I needed. 

but the shift is that this time instead of working out being a 'punishment' its the reward.  it's part of rewarding this body- my temple- for all it gives me everyday and giving back in so many ways.  Giving back to clients to heal and rejuvenate them. Giving back a healthy, sexy, happy wife to my husband. giving back to ME, dammit.  Who wants a case of the womps every time they look in the mirror! Who wants to be 27 and feel 72? Not I, said the cow.  I mean the GODDESS.  I forgot, Rachel and I promised we'd be kinder to ourselves this year.
woops.

bisous ox
jaclyn


1 comment:

  1. I love you and I love this.

    Let's go workout. :)
    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete